Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air and USB port to iPhone problem

Hello, Ive been having this problem for quite some time and I really do not know why. When I connect my iPhone to my MacBook Air using my Apple iPhone charger, I know that the message "Trust or Do Not Trust' pops up on the phone and on the MacBook, the photos app opens. But....when I do this, it continuously pops up, like nonstop, not letting me chose an option. Does anyone know why this happens? I am trying to sync my photos to my Mac and when doing this those two messages pop up continuously. How can I stop this from happening and allow my iPhone to sync to my Mac? I hope this doesn't sound too confusing.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 3:30 PM

Hi JaNiqueH,

Thanks for getting back to us with those additional details. Let's continue working on this issue together so you can sync your iPhone and Mac properly.

Let's go ahead and test this out in a test user account on your Mac. This will help us narrow things down to see if it's potentially an issue within your user account or not. This article shows how to do that:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Are you running the latest available software on both devices?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2020 3:30 PM in response to JaNiqueH

Hi JaNiqueH,

Thanks for getting back to us with those additional details. Let's continue working on this issue together so you can sync your iPhone and Mac properly.

Let's go ahead and test this out in a test user account on your Mac. This will help us narrow things down to see if it's potentially an issue within your user account or not. This article shows how to do that:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Are you running the latest available software on both devices?

Aug 20, 2020 7:41 AM in response to JaNiqueH

Hello JaNiqueH,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand the importance of getting this issue resolved, so you can transfer your photos from your iPhone to your Mac without issues.

Does the issue persist if you tried to use another cable or connect using a different port on your Mac? If not, please give it a shot, and let us know if that helps.

In the meantime, let try to restart both devices:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 

How to turn your Mac on or off

Also, please back up, and update your devices if any updates are available:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How to back up your Mac

How to update the software on your Mac

MacBook Air and USB port to iPhone problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.