Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad link to MBP - no trust his computer message

Hi, my son's ipad (ios 10.3) is unable to download or update apps (busy circle never goes away).. I've tried every solution I can find so thought it might be best to back it up to my MBP and reload ios and restore data.

When I connect the ipad to the MBP (running Catalina) I get the trust button in the finder window, but when I click it there is no corresponding trust this computer button on the ipad and the finder window sits there with the spinning busy disc for ever.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 6:28 PM

Take a look at this. There are a number of things that you can try including resetting the trust settings.

About the 'Trust This Computer' alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies

Aug 20, 2020 1:23 AM in response to Demo

Thanks for taking the time to look at this post :) I’ve done everything that can be found on google with regards to this issue including a full reset of settings. The last thing I can think of is to do a full backup and then restore having reloaded iOS.

the problem is that in order to do this I need to attach the iPad to my MBP, running Catalina, using a USB cable and then initiating the backup through finder.

i can’t do this because although Catalina recognizes that the iPad is connected and asks to create a trust relationship, the iPad never throws up the corresponding “do you want to trust this computer” message with corresponding trust button. So Catalina sits there with a busy circle spinning round for ever while it waits for the trust relationship to be completed on the iPad.

many thanks for your input 😁

ipad link to MBP - no trust his computer message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.