Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover specific data for an individual app from two back-ups ago

I'm looking to restore a backup of the Microsoft Authenticator app which was backed up to iCloud.

I damaged my phone (iPhone X) beyond repair in May and got a replacement - when I did the restore from that backup the Authenticator app was installed and once installed I clicked the 'Recover Account' link and it found the app data backup and restored it.

I do not think however that I turned iCloud backup back on.

My phone was then damaged again beyond repair last week and I have a replacement. This replacement was backed up from a more recent back-up from only a week ago, as you can imagine this more recent backup now doesn't have an authenticator backup. When I try and click the 'Recover' link I get an error

"There is no backup stored in your iCloud Account. Make sure you're signed in to the same iCloud account you used to create a backup."

Now, I know it is the correct email address so it is because in the interim backup I did not turn on the app iCloud backup feature, BUT when I go to iCloud I can still see the last backup from my original May 2020 backup, the one which DOES have an authetnicator app backup.

Is there anyway to access this data without restoring ALL of that old backup from May? Because the authenticator data is the only thing I'm missing.

Thanks

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 11:55 AM

randomusers560002382 wrote:

I'm looking to restore a backup of the Microsoft Authenticator app which was backed up to iCloud.

I damaged my phone (iPhone X) beyond repair in May and got a replacement - when I did the restore from that backup the Authenticator app was installed and once installed I clicked the 'Recover Account' link and it found the app data backup and restored it.

My phone was then damaged again beyond repair last week and I have a replacement. This replacement was backed up from a more recent back-up from only a week ago, as you can imagine this more recent backup now doesn't have an authenticator backup. When I try and click the 'Recover' link I get an error

"There is no backup stored in your iCloud Account. Make sure you're signed in to the same iCloud account you used to create a backup."

Now, I know it is the correct email address so it is because in the interim backup I did not turn on the app iCloud backup feature, BUT when I go to iCloud I can still see the last backup from my original May 2020 backup, the one which DOES have an authetnicator app backup.

Is there anyway to access this data without restoring ALL of that old backup from May? Because the authenticator data is the only thing I'm missing.

Thanks

No iOS backups can be "cherry-picked"

iCloud or iTunes are both all or nothing restore procedures.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2020 11:55 AM in response to randomusers560002382

Thanks

No iOS backups can be "cherry-picked"

iCloud or iTunes are both all or nothing restore procedures.

Aug 21, 2020 4:59 AM in response to randomusers560002382

Thanks, is there though anyway to manually go into the iCloud file directory and retrieve the specific files that are related to an app - maybe via the web interface or via a computer rather than on phone directly?

No such thing. 3rd party apps don't sync to iCloud like Apple's apps do.

Their data is in an archive on iCloud that is not openly accessible.

Recover specific data for an individual app from two back-ups ago

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.