Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 2020 Display Issue: Rounded Corners of Finder Windows

3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

And... some issues. See attached. The rounded corners of Finder windows, specifically, appear either a) not rounded, b) appear to have extra pixels, or c) flicker as you resize the windows. And I have seen an occasional white line glitch across the screen. Rounded corners in apps like Safari are fine. Seems to be limited to Finder windows only and apps like TextEdit. Ran Unigine Heaven for quite some time with no issues. Assuming it's the 5700 and, weirdly, something specific with the Finder windows only.

Anybody else seeing this?

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 11:08 AM

Apple came out with an update to Catalina to fix some graphic problems with that particular graphic card:  macOS Catalina 10.15.5 Combo Update.  Download and apply it to see if it helps your situation.

Similar questions

15 replies

Aug 27, 2020 4:20 PM in response to kkh0987654321

I have the exact same issues... White line glitch and weird artefacts around the rounded corners of windows (noticed so far on System Preferences and Finder windows).

At this point, I can only assume there's a display driver issue. Here's a screenshot of the broken rounded corners (top left / top right):

This is on a brand new device, delivered today. Specs:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)

3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

Running macOS v10.15.6

Aug 22, 2020 11:08 AM in response to VikingOSX

No. Catalina 10.15.6.

The more I look into this, it seems to have something to do with the desktop only (whether a solid color or an image). The corners seem to render correctly on top of other windows whereas the corners against the desktop render incorrectly. And the fast white lines only seem to appear on the desktop, never within any windows.

Actually, a correction: the corners render incorrectly even on top of, say, the Safari window.

Aug 22, 2020 11:44 AM in response to BDAqua

Yes. I have tried the following. No difference. The problem persists.

• Different desktop images.

• Dynamic and still desktop images.

• Solid colors (the problem is actually the most obvious on solid black).

• Resolution set to Default or any of the Scaled resolutions.

• Automatic brightness adjustment on/off.

• True Tone on/off.

• Night shift on/off.

• The various Accessibility > Display options.

Aug 22, 2020 11:56 AM in response to kkh0987654321

Here's a video of the flickering corner as I slowly move Mail up and down. Here you can see it clearly going between a version with correct alpha and no alpha. But sometimes, it is not on/off like this but you get random pixels flickering. Only limited to the rounded corner area. Sometimes accompanied with the fast white lines on the desktop.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/imac-2020-5700xt-graphical-glitch.2251034/post-28806322

iMac 2020 Display Issue: Rounded Corners of Finder Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.