Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tracing stolen device

I bought an Apple Watch online. The previous owner put it back to factory settings and removed it from his iCloud (Find my can not be used anymore) and then he sent it by mail to me.

The next day, the Dutch Post services let me know very specifically when the parcel would be delivered. One day later, the notification changed and ever since, the parcel containing the Apple Watch is unfindable. By law, the post services is not liable for this loss, so it seems that I am left empty handed.

However, I do have all the numbers of the watch. Can Apple trace the watch as soon as it is turned on by the person who is in possession of my Apple Watch?

Thanks for the response in advance.

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 4:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 10:59 AM

Unfortunately, Find My is the only way that you can track or locate a lost or missing device. If Find My isn't enabled on your watch before it goes missing, there is no other Apple service that can find, track, or otherwise flag your device for you. For more info, see:

If your Apple Watch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2020 10:59 AM in response to Boldie30

Unfortunately, Find My is the only way that you can track or locate a lost or missing device. If Find My isn't enabled on your watch before it goes missing, there is no other Apple service that can find, track, or otherwise flag your device for you. For more info, see:

If your Apple Watch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Tracing stolen device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.