Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 won’t save Call Forwarding phone number

Hello All

I know this has been asked and answered, but I still cannot ‘save’ the call forwarded number on my iPhone 7.

The carrier is GSM, I have checked.

I can call forward, via settings, but I always have to put the number in. My phone will not remember the number. My phone gets turned OFF just about every single night. So it gets ‘restarted’ almost every single morning. If I call forward tonight, turn the phone OFF, then in the morning the call forwarding will still be working when I turn the phone ON.

Not a biggie, but I thought that the phone should be able to remember the phone number.

iOS 12.1.xxx

TIA

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 12:57 PM

Depending on your carrier, you might be able to implement a “stickier” call forwarding directly from the dialing screen.

e.g. *71-nnn-nnn-nnnn for Verizon in the US.

Other carriers might implement forwarding via their own app.

3 replies

Aug 25, 2020 12:45 PM in response to fritzmom

I know this has been asked and answered, but I still cannot ‘save’ the call forwarded number on my iPhone 7.

the answer is always the same.

Call your carrier.

Your phone "asks" your carrier if this call forwarding setting is still good. If your carrier says no, Your phone turns the switch to OFF.

Like all carrier level settings, the phone takes its directions from the carrier. Do I support wifi calling? How about wifi assist? Call waiting? Forwarding?

iPhone 7 won’t save Call Forwarding phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.