Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS update 13.6.1 disabled microphone and ability to make phone calls.

After installing IOS update 13.6.1 on 7 plus, I now can not place a phone call. I can text and that’s it. Have followed all recommendations for a fix to no avail. Sound does come out of speakers but microphone and dialing a number have failed the moment after Download completed. Aug 22, 2020.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 9:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 1:17 AM

If you are unable make a call or receive; If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 29, 2020 5:58 AM in response to jrcjc

The generic reply/recommended fix isn’t satisfactory.

The microphone is no longer working!

• I can’t Hey Siri
  • i can answer a call but can’t be heard, whether phone call or WhatsApp, same behaviour
  • I can’t send a voice reply to a text message, it won’t record
  • I can’t create a voice memo, it won’t record.

i updated to 13.6.1 yesterday.

i can attach a Bluetooth headset and then record, but when I disconnect the headset it stops allowing me to use the (phone’s) microphone

Sep 15, 2020 2:36 PM in response to jrcjc

This is the second iPhone 7 Plus that has a microphone and WIFI issue after updating.

They know about this problem but won't admit it. If you search on Youtube you will find lots of ppl with the same problem.

Apple is making us buy new iPhone's because of this issue. They should be help accountable!

Good bye iPhone...

IOS update 13.6.1 disabled microphone and ability to make phone calls.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.