Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Speakerphone cutting out iphone 11 Pro max

iPhone 11 keeps cutting out during phone conversations using the speakerphone.

Everyone complains that I keep cutting out and they can’t hear what I am saying or they only hear every second or third word.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 10:12 AM

3 replies

Aug 27, 2020 2:45 PM in response to Laurenm1959

Hello Laurenm1959,

Being heard on calls is important, and we want to help! So we have a clear understanding, when using the speakerphone for calls is the phone laying display down or up? Does this happen if you use headphones? If you use a case or screen protector, does removing those help? Let's also complete the steps under "If people can't hear you when you're using speakerphone" here: If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We look forward to hearing back from you!

Take care.

Oct 18, 2020 9:32 AM in response to Jmmeyers

I have the same problem as well. I have an iPhone 11 and this only happen when I’m using speakerphone. When I’m using headphone or having the phone right on my ear, there is no issue. Speakerphone voice call or FaceTime calls are a problem. I have spoken to Apple Support and they made an appointment for me to go to an authorized repair center. I went on Friday but it was no help. They couldn’t find any problem.

For the first time yesterday, I experienced it on the receiving end. I was on my iPad and my daughter was on her iPhone 11. She kept cutting in and out because she’s using the speakerphone (she normally uses the headphone). It is rather frustrating to not hear what she was saying every third word.

If anyone has a solution, I’m open to anything. Thanks.

Speakerphone cutting out iphone 11 Pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.