Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does one preview music other than paying $9.99?

Pre-Catalina it was possible to preview songs for 1:30 before deciding to buy it. That was handy feature to make sure you got the version you were looking for.

When I try that now I am asked to pay $9.99 a month to join Apple Music. I cannot find a way to preview any music. What am I missing?

I know that Apple needs money, because having more cash on hand than any other company on Earth is not enough, but this seems a tad greedy. Even for Apple. If the cost of music were reduced I could understand that, but I see many songs have gone up from $.99 to $1.29 so other than the "privilege of making uncle Tim richer" I just don't understand. I realize he needs a new super yacht and corpora jet fleet to get around the world and be famous...

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 4:43 PM

Similar questions

14 replies

Aug 28, 2020 10:32 AM in response to Martin Gallo

Martin,

The new Kansas album -- "The Absence of Presence," released June 26, 2020 -- popped right up in a search, and the 90 second previews played just fine. Ditto Blue Oyster Cult "45th Anniversary - Live in London," which was released August 7, 2020. See clips below. I am using the iTunes Store, USA; availability may vary on other countries. If you still have an issue finding and previewing what you are looking for, pls post back with specifics.

Aug 28, 2020 9:56 AM in response to ed2345

Thanks.

Try the new Blue Oyster Cult Live in London - Old guy music for sure. Maybe Music is a millennial only app? (please see the attempt at humor).

There is also the new Kansas album.

Really anything you find by searching - Straying beyond what Apple thinks you want is where the problem is. So far Apple's recommendations have been pretty far off the mark.

Aug 29, 2020 3:23 PM in response to Martin Gallo

Martin Gallo wrote:

Well, that solved it! Thanks you.

Isn't that just horrid design? I selected iTunes Sore and then searched. I would never even have thought to look at that!

Martin,

You are quite welcome. Yup, they don't make it easy. But anyway, you can still -- for the time being -- preview and purchase tracks without an AM subscription. Enjoy the music!

Ed.

How does one preview music other than paying $9.99?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.