Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant Update iMovie, Garage Band, Keynote, etc.

I purchased a MacBook Air2020. When I attempt to download the updates the AppStore tells me are available for iMovie and Garage Band, I get the following error message:

I already clicked on my profile to add an Apple ID but it doesn't show anything:

At this point I do not know what to do! please help.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 5:57 PM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2020 7:59 AM in response to jenxifxr

Hello jenxifxr,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We see from the screenshot, that you're unable to update several apps due to the fact they were downloaded using a different Apple ID. You have a couple options regarding this issue.

If you recall the Apple ID they were originally linked to, you can sign into the account and select to update them.

It's possible you may simply need to accept the apps, if you haven't previously done so. You can read more about this in article: Get updates for preinstalled apps on Mac

Lastly, you may need to delete the apps you're unable to update and download them using your current Apple ID.

How to delete apps on your Mac

Best regards.

Cant Update iMovie, Garage Band, Keynote, etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.