Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why didn't all my text messages download when I restored from icloud?

I did a restore from icloud to my iphone XR to retrieve deleted texts and everything worked except for one persons texts, which happened to be the text conversation I was trying to recover! Every other text downloaded except for that one. I've already tried, toggling off the messages in icloud and turning it back on, that didn't work. I was going to reset again to factory and try downloading again but now the backup that was done last night and which had the texts I wanted, is no longer showing up. I'm heartbroken and extremely frustrated!! Any ideas?

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 9:16 AM

If you weren't using messages in iCloud and restored your messages from a backup, then all messages should've returned. If one or some of those messages weren't restored from the backup, then it's possible that those weren't backed up in the first place.

Similar questions

3 replies

Why didn't all my text messages download when I restored from icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.