Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Teaching in person and virtually simultaneously.

Does anyone have any information of how to make this work? I absolutely love to use notability on my ipad to teach and I airplay it to an apple tv in my classroom. I now have to use either google meet or zoom to connect with students virtually at the same time as conducting regular class. I need the ipad to be able to share the screen by broadcasting it to zoom or meet and airplay at the same time. I can't get it to work! I had it working 2 weeks ago and now it will not allow it which confuses me. Any help is greatly appreciated!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 10:09 AM

You'll need a macOS device with the Zoom Client, and the Zoom Client plugin for sharing iPhone/iPad. With both of those installed, connect your iPad to your macOS device using a lightning cable. Then, airplay your macOS device screen to the Projector or TV. In the Zoom meeting, start screen sharing and select "iPhone/iPad via Cable." Whatever is on your iPad screen will now be shared to both the device receiving the airplay, as well as the Zoom meeting.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 10:09 AM in response to KStarrteach

You'll need a macOS device with the Zoom Client, and the Zoom Client plugin for sharing iPhone/iPad. With both of those installed, connect your iPad to your macOS device using a lightning cable. Then, airplay your macOS device screen to the Projector or TV. In the Zoom meeting, start screen sharing and select "iPhone/iPad via Cable." Whatever is on your iPad screen will now be shared to both the device receiving the airplay, as well as the Zoom meeting.

Teaching in person and virtually simultaneously.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.