Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Keeps Rewinding By Itself

My Apple TV 4K will start rewinding by itself while playing movies or tv shows on all streaming services. I just bought this Apple TV at least a month ago replacing the one I had before that got fried when lightning hit my house. The 4K HDMI’s were also replaced, but I can’t understand why it keeps rewinding on its own. No one is touching the remote or app remotes on our iPhones. Any ideas how to fix it?

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 4:19 AM

The above ‘test’ indicates that the issue may be with the remote itself. Contact Apple Support about a possible hardware issue under warranty.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support (phone numbers)

Get support - Apple Support (start your request online)

Find locations - Apple Support (find a service & support store or service provider)

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 4:19 AM in response to cjenkins3981

The above ‘test’ indicates that the issue may be with the remote itself. Contact Apple Support about a possible hardware issue under warranty.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support (phone numbers)

Get support - Apple Support (start your request online)

Find locations - Apple Support (find a service & support store or service provider)

Apple TV Keeps Rewinding By Itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.