Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes freezes on windows 10

my laptop is up to date as is the version of iTunes I have. When I open it on my laptop it freezes straight away. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling,running it as an administrator and running it in safe mode but it still freezes. Any ideas how I can fix this issue?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 10:50 AM

You could try sending Apple some feedback, using their Feedback form: https://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

Note though, that Apple do not reply to your feedback and it is up to them whether they fix the problem. (I wouldn't hold your breath.)

9 replies

Aug 28, 2020 9:20 AM in response to karenevans40

I realise that.

I'm asking because whenever I start my iTunes, I get that icon in the top right (as shown in the screenshot) and my iTunes is frozen (and useless) and I thought that this might be what's happening to you too.

On the odd occasion that I've been quick enough, I've managed to click on View / Show Activity Window before iTunes actually freezes and in the pop-up window that appears, it tells me that iTunes is "making my purchases available".

I don't think I'm being unreasonable in thinking that it shouldn't be necessary for iTunes to check this every time that I start it and to make itself totally unusable to the customer (that's me) until it's finished.

Since I haven't managed to find a way to prevent iTunes from indulging in this navel gazing I simply put up with it, but it's extremely annoying.

Aug 28, 2020 10:27 AM in response to karenevans40

The cloud thing is to the lower right of the activity indicator in my screenshot. I don't use the cloud, so no idea why that should appear. I'm fairly certain that the making purchases available is the cause of the freeze.

As for my "purchases"; I have fourteen songs in my Library that came from the iTunes Store - and at least twelve of them were given to me by the store without their bothering to ask me if I wanted them. To be honest, I don't recall buying the remaining two.

itunes freezes on windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.