Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Print Attributes in Keynote 10.1

I frequently use Keynote in portrait mode. I was able to create a custom "Portrait" theme to create the slides, but when I print them they come out in Landscape orientation.

In the print window I can go:

Presets -> Show Presets -> Page Attributes and it shows me that "Current -> Orientation" is Landscape, but nothing in the list is editable. Is there an obvious way to edit any of the page attributes displayed?

Am I the only person who uses portrait mode with presentation software, or has Apple's usability really degraded below that of Microsoft Office and Libre Office to the point they do not have a simple switch between landscape and portrait orientations both for creating the slides and printing them?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 7:23 PM

Thanks. Not exactly the way my system looks. It took three steps to get to a screen similar to what you are showing, but I finally found it. Here are the steps for my system in case they help others.

Selected "Show Details" and got this:

Then selected the non-intuitive drop-down named "Keynote" where one of the choices was "Page Attributes."

That gave me:

Where there was an option to change the Orientation.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2020 7:23 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks. Not exactly the way my system looks. It took three steps to get to a screen similar to what you are showing, but I finally found it. Here are the steps for my system in case they help others.

Selected "Show Details" and got this:

Then selected the non-intuitive drop-down named "Keynote" where one of the choices was "Page Attributes."

That gave me:

Where there was an option to change the Orientation.

Changing Print Attributes in Keynote 10.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.