You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it okay to keep my MacBook Pro 13 inch 2020 connected to AC power always, as I will be using it the Clamshell mode majority of the time?

I spoke with apple tech support today, they told me that the batteries are designed in the way keeping in mind of this feature. So it is fine to use the Mac this way. But I am skill skeptic, is it fine to MacBook Pro use it with keeping it plugged in always.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 12:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 8:23 AM

Leaving the computer plugged in will not damage the computer nor the battery. I leave mine plugged in whenever convenient to do so. An advantage of leaving it plugged in is that the rate of accumulation of battery cycles is reduced.

2 replies

Is it okay to keep my MacBook Pro 13 inch 2020 connected to AC power always, as I will be using it the Clamshell mode majority of the time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.