Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to install "Garageband" on iPad Pro. Says I must purchase this app to install it

I'm unable to install Garageband on my iPad Pro and I cannot understand how to resolve the issue. The cloud icon indicates I need download it, but when I do so I'm told the "I must purchase this app to install it". When I got to the Apple Store page for the app it's showing the download icon as the simple box as nothing is downloading. Somehow it has become stuck in between being purchased (for free I assume) and downloading and I don't know how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 3:58 AM

Managed to work it out.

1. Plugging in the device seemed to help.
  2. I restarted the device
  3. Held on the Garageband logo and clicked "Cancel download".
  4. Delete it.
  5. Restart AGAIN and then try again (not sure if necessary)
  6. It is now a cloud again in the app store and I could download again.

Clearly something went VERY WEIRD and it's probably just my device. But I'll leave this here in case anyone else has this or a similar issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2020 3:58 AM in response to RobLeather

Managed to work it out.

1. Plugging in the device seemed to help.
  2. I restarted the device
  3. Held on the Garageband logo and clicked "Cancel download".
  4. Delete it.
  5. Restart AGAIN and then try again (not sure if necessary)
  6. It is now a cloud again in the app store and I could download again.

Clearly something went VERY WEIRD and it's probably just my device. But I'll leave this here in case anyone else has this or a similar issue.

Unable to install "Garageband" on iPad Pro. Says I must purchase this app to install it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.