Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CYCLE COUNT

HELLO! GOOD DAY! JUST WANNA ASK SOMETHING ABOUT MY MACBOOK AIR 2020 I JUST BOUGHT THIS YESTERDAY SO ITS JUST 1 DAY OLD AND I'M BOTHERED ABOUT MY CYCLE COUNT BECAUSE IT IS ALREADY IN 3. WHY IS IT LIKE THAT? CAN YOU HELP ME ABOUT THAT? AND ALSO HOW TO MAINTAIN A GOOD CYCLE COUNT OR LESS? WHAT ARE YOUR ADVICES?

HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME

THANK YOU IN ADVANCe

GOD BLESS!

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 6:50 AM

About Mac notebook batteries

Even if you leave it plugged in constantly, your Mac will use the battery occasionally (to maintain battery health and/or when the Mac needs more power than the AC adapter provides), and that will slowly accumulate cycles.

No one can really say what will happen to your battery because longevity depends on usage pattern and conditions (for example, using your battery in a hot environment will shorten its lifespan). Apple considers a battery with >80% of its original capacity to be 'healthy'.

But as a couple of data points, my 2017 15" MBP has ~300 cycles, it dropped to ~90% health over the first hundred cycles and has bounced around 90% since then. My 2011 17" has a bit over 750 cycles and still has ~90% health.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2020 6:50 AM in response to yeaaaahbOi

About Mac notebook batteries

Even if you leave it plugged in constantly, your Mac will use the battery occasionally (to maintain battery health and/or when the Mac needs more power than the AC adapter provides), and that will slowly accumulate cycles.

No one can really say what will happen to your battery because longevity depends on usage pattern and conditions (for example, using your battery in a hot environment will shorten its lifespan). Apple considers a battery with >80% of its original capacity to be 'healthy'.

But as a couple of data points, my 2017 15" MBP has ~300 cycles, it dropped to ~90% health over the first hundred cycles and has bounced around 90% since then. My 2011 17" has a bit over 750 cycles and still has ~90% health.

CYCLE COUNT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.