You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone business phone tracking

If my company provides me an iPhone (it is an iphone6) and I have turned off the location services, AND there are no tracking applications on the phone. Can it still be tracked through find my iPhone? It is not signed in under my Apple ID.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 6:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2020 6:18 AM

It can't be tracked using FindMy... however... cellular carriers offer location services that do not rely on location services on the device or an installed app.

Any cellular device can be tracked and located by the carriers at any time. If your employer subscribes to such a service, the only way to avoid it being tracked is to completely power it off.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 4, 2020 6:18 AM in response to Rleasure42

It can't be tracked using FindMy... however... cellular carriers offer location services that do not rely on location services on the device or an installed app.

Any cellular device can be tracked and located by the carriers at any time. If your employer subscribes to such a service, the only way to avoid it being tracked is to completely power it off.

iPhone business phone tracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.