Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Regular audio drop outs on AppleTV 4K

Only within the last week or so did this begin happening, and it wasn’t an issue before then. Now, when streaming Netflix, for example, the audio drops out for about 2–3 seconds every 10 minutes or so. I haven’t changed anything, so I’m not sure why it’s all of a sudden an issue. I’m running audio to a surround sound receiver over high speed HDMI Arc. Bypassing the AppleTV eliminates the issue, so I suspect the ATV is the culprit. I’ve read some posts from 2018 describing this with no solution, so could it be a software update that fixed the issue two years ago, and then caused it all over again?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 4:53 PM

This can also be a networking issue, I would first ensure your ATV has up-to-date firmware. If the problem persists then restart the modem and router and also the Apple TV and then retest again. If the problem still persists, please let us know and we ask some questions to get an idea about your home's setup.

Similar questions

1 reply

Regular audio drop outs on AppleTV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.