Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do not Disturb issue - no sounds when locked

Even though the ‘Do not Disturb’ function is switched off, my iphone XR will not make any sound when someone rings or texts when the phone is locked. The ‘silence’ options in the ‘Do not Disturb’ sectioneans you have to select the Phone to be silent either ‘always’ or ‘when phone is locked’. All other notifications and sounds are switched on.

Good job i have an apple watch which does ping, otherwise i would always miss calls/texts. The apple chat suggested resetting all settings, can’t see that helping.

ang thoughts?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 10:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 12:14 AM

Where you’ll see your notifications

Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. Learn when a notification might appear on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch, below.

If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch.

If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2020 12:14 AM in response to VFR123X

Where you’ll see your notifications

Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. Learn when a notification might appear on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch, below.

If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch.

If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode.

Do not Disturb issue - no sounds when locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.