Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple TV with new Spectrum account recording issues

My new Apple TV device (less than 1 week old) won't record Rachel Maddow. It seems to record everything else. However, it cuts off the last 10 minutes of a program or the first 15 minutes. It hangs and never comes back up.

It's not a space issue because I delete my recordings the same day as soon as I watch (or don't watch) them.

Re space, I pay for iCloud storage and would like to know how to connect the AppleTV-Spectrum to my iCloud storage, which is basically empty.

Do any Apple tech people read these posts? This might be a defective device issue.

thanks for any help, Kate

Apple TV HD, tvOS 12

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 6:43 PM

5 replies

Sep 12, 2020 10:50 PM in response to Kate83196

• This is a user-to-user forum, this is not Official Apple Support.
  • Your issue doesn’t seems to be about the device or how to operate it. It seems to be about the Spectrum TV app, and how it interacts with Spectrum TV services.
  • Unless I’ve missed the secret memo, Apple Support isn’t doing tech support or troubleshooting for Spectrum services or Spectrum apps. That would be up to Spectrum themselves, as it is their services and their app. It seems odd that their Support would refer you elsewhere.

Sep 16, 2020 3:53 PM in response to Urquhart1244

You missed the secret memo. Not sure why you keep correcting my posts. pretty irritating.

As I mentioned Spectrum sends apple tv users to apple tech support for technical issues relating to ANYTHING having to do with the apple tv.

For anyone else with the same problem, Apple tech support had me delete then reinstall the spectrum app, then it worked.

Oct 12, 2020 8:34 PM in response to Urquhart1244

@Urquhart1244, you totally missed the secret memo. Apple Support said they were only sending it to people who like to help others and be friendly. That's why I got the memo. And that's why @Kate83196 received it too. Helpful and friendly. Or even the other way around... friendly and helpful. See? It's easy!

@Kate83196, I am experiencing the same issue that you experienced. Everything I've read online so far suggests that Apple and Spectrum point the finger at each other. But I'm glad to hear that Apple tech support was able to help you out in the end. I plan to try deleting the app and reinstalling as they suggested to you. If it works, I'll send you a secret memo! Thanks!!

New Apple TV with new Spectrum account recording issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.