Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV and Spectrum Cloud DVR

I recently switched to Spectrum Cloud DVR because I like the idea of the cloud. Summary below:

1. I am using a Samsung Smart TV
  2. Apple TV connected to Smart TV (I like how I can use my earbuds with Apple TV)
  3. Once I go to Guide on a channel, the "Record" option does not show up when I am on the Apple TV spectrum app
  4. I can see the record button from my phone, laptop, and Samsung Smart app
  5. I am using a 1st generation Apple 4K TV
  6. I have logged out of Spectrum and even deleted the spectrum app on my Apple TV to restart it but nothing.

Any idea how I can record spectrum shows from my Apple TV? I have had this cloud DVR system for 24 hours now.

Thanks for any future help!

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 5:41 AM

Keep your device and the app up-to-date for the latest version.

Update your Apple TV - Apple Support. The current version system software is tvOS 14.7.

Set up automatic app updates or installation - Apple TV user guide - Apple Support

Their site says it should be available in their app on Apple TV.

Cloud DVR (cDVR) and Cloud DVR Plus (cDVR Plus) FAQs - Spectrum Support

How to record and view programs on Cloud DVR - Spectrum Support

Cloud DVR is an add-on ($) to your plan with Spectrum. It is only available if you selected that.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2021 5:41 AM in response to LawrenceMiller

Keep your device and the app up-to-date for the latest version.

Update your Apple TV - Apple Support. The current version system software is tvOS 14.7.

Set up automatic app updates or installation - Apple TV user guide - Apple Support

Their site says it should be available in their app on Apple TV.

Cloud DVR (cDVR) and Cloud DVR Plus (cDVR Plus) FAQs - Spectrum Support

How to record and view programs on Cloud DVR - Spectrum Support

Cloud DVR is an add-on ($) to your plan with Spectrum. It is only available if you selected that.

Apple TV and Spectrum Cloud DVR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.