Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Apple Watch with airpods and Siri whilst out running

Hello.

I need some advice please. When I go out running, I only take my Apple Watch (Which outside obviously isn’t connected to WiFi) and I also have my airpods in. I am able to listen to the music I have downloaded to the watch and I set this to start at the beginning of my run so I’m not messing with the watch whilst I’m running. However I would now like to know how I get Siri to work whilst I’m on my run if I wish to alter the music to something else that has been downloaded to the watch.

I want to able to tell Siri to “play........” but I don’t know how to make this work? Do I tap the airpods whilst I’m running and then speak? Or do I tap the watch and get Siri to work that way?

Im confused as I can’t seem to get Siri to work despite reading the support pages and following the instructions.

Thank you.

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 8:23 AM

In order for SiRi to work it must have an internet connection.

If your watch is Wifi only, then you must have your iPhone with you in order for it to work.

If you watch is the cellular version and you don't have your iPhone with you then the watch must have the cellular service activated.

Similar questions

1 reply

Using Apple Watch with airpods and Siri whilst out running

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.