Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to setup HP Printer GT5811 on my new MacBook Pro 2020

I am having problem setting up my HP printer (GT5811) on my new MacBook pro

OS version 10.15.6

I am able. to see the green dot next to the printer in "System Preference settings"

When I print a document, the queue is shown and it disappears without any error message. Just like when it does after a successful print.

Action taken:

1. I have reset the printer in the printer and scanner section of system preference
  2. The NVRAM is also reset

I still have my 2017 MacBook Pro running the same OS and I am able to print and scan with the same printer.

I contacted the Apple support and they said that this problem is beyond them.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 9:13 AM

Hi Jeeves123,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities again! We see you are having an issue with printing from your new MacBook Pro, and we'd like to do what we can to help.

Start with verifying everything is set up correctly as shown in the steps here: Add a printer on Mac

Then, this article has troubleshooting steps to follow: Solve printing problems on Mac

We verified with this article that AirPrint is not an option for this printer: About AirPrint

If you're still not able to print with the printer and your new MacBook Pro, you'll want to contact the manufacturer. Let them know which MacBook Pro you're using, and what's happening. To find the name of your Mac, go to the Apple  logo > About this Mac

We found the HP support page for your printer, which may get you started: HP DeskJet GT 5811 All-in-One Printer

Take care!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2020 9:13 AM in response to Jeeves123

Hi Jeeves123,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities again! We see you are having an issue with printing from your new MacBook Pro, and we'd like to do what we can to help.

Start with verifying everything is set up correctly as shown in the steps here: Add a printer on Mac

Then, this article has troubleshooting steps to follow: Solve printing problems on Mac

We verified with this article that AirPrint is not an option for this printer: About AirPrint

If you're still not able to print with the printer and your new MacBook Pro, you'll want to contact the manufacturer. Let them know which MacBook Pro you're using, and what's happening. To find the name of your Mac, go to the Apple  logo > About this Mac

We found the HP support page for your printer, which may get you started: HP DeskJet GT 5811 All-in-One Printer

Take care!

Not able to setup HP Printer GT5811 on my new MacBook Pro 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.