Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Older iMac, sudden HP printer issues

I have a mid-2010 27" iMac running macOS Sierra v. 10.12.6. At the time I purchased it, I also bought an HP Photosmart C4780 printer (scans, copies, prints, no fax). The only issue I've had with the printer in the past was it would not work wirelessly, so I have always had it connected via USB, no biggie. Suddenly, I am unable to print anything at all. I've completely reloaded the HP printer disk, and still no printing. I am unable to upgrade the OS. Has anyone any suggestions, please and thank you?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 1:58 PM

My apologies, in my original post I meant to input HP. You are not being obtuse, I just goofed. I meant to write:

·Uninstall all HP software, put in the Trash and empty the Trash.

·Please reset the printing system per Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem

·Next, follow the instructions in Adding a printer

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2021 1:58 PM in response to gena44

My apologies, in my original post I meant to input HP. You are not being obtuse, I just goofed. I meant to write:

·Uninstall all HP software, put in the Trash and empty the Trash.

·Please reset the printing system per Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem

·Next, follow the instructions in Adding a printer

Older iMac, sudden HP printer issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.