Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reset my iCloud Music Library?

I just want to reset my iCloud Music Library and all the other suggestions on YouTube are outdated.

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 11:40 AM

6 replies

Sep 16, 2020 5:22 PM in response to Mozgov

I saw this option somewhere on the most recent official release of Catalina - I literally used it about two weeks ago, though I don't remember where the option was. I reset the iCloud Music library, and then created a new local library on my computer. It seemed to work - all of my purchased music/music videos were in the new library and "Purchased" was listed under the cloud status; no uploaded or matched music was in the library, as would be expected since it was reset. So I tried to import my old playlists and to the new library, but something was screwed up along the way, so I tried to reset the library again, and I can't find the option.

This is not the first time options turn up missing. This has happened before on versions of iOS, but I don't remember it happening on Mac. The option does exist, because I just used it. I can't believe something so simple is so difficult.

How do I reset my iCloud Music Library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.