Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

switch off touchpad click sound

I am working on MacBook Air 13 inch 2017 running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4.

How can I disable the click sound of the Touch Bar?

Standard Apple support instructions tell me that in the system preferences window left hand side underneath the 3 basic dialog boxes there is a ruler to switch it off. However on my system preferences this function is not present:

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 1:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 3:27 AM

stevenvanbauwel Said:

"switch off touchpad click sound: Before resetting SMC, can you explain why SMC reset would repair a missing configuration element please?"

-------

Source: Found to be a solution here: Silent click settings won't work - Apple Community

See this Site from Apple: How to use the Force Touch trackpad - Apple Support

As it reads: "On some Mac notebooks, you can turn off the sound of your trackpad's click by selecting Silent clicking." So, being applicable to only "some Mac notebooks" if it is not an option on your Mac notebook, it will not show up.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2020 3:27 AM in response to stevenvanbauwel

stevenvanbauwel Said:

"switch off touchpad click sound: Before resetting SMC, can you explain why SMC reset would repair a missing configuration element please?"

-------

Source: Found to be a solution here: Silent click settings won't work - Apple Community

See this Site from Apple: How to use the Force Touch trackpad - Apple Support

As it reads: "On some Mac notebooks, you can turn off the sound of your trackpad's click by selecting Silent clicking." So, being applicable to only "some Mac notebooks" if it is not an option on your Mac notebook, it will not show up.

switch off touchpad click sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.