Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update replacement Airpod Pro firmware!

I want to update my AirPod Pro firmware. The new update just came out. The problem that I'm giving is, I have the original case with a serial number. BUT I have replacement Airpods (left & right) that Apple sent me. It doesn't show a serial number when looking at the serial number for them on my phone. How do I update the firmware?!

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 8:55 AM

I'm having the same exact issue. Just received 2 replacement AirPod Pros. Serial number shows as "?" on the iPhone. Have been trying for over 24 hours to get them to update from 2D27 to 3A283 with no luck. Have tried everything I can find. Did this issue ever get resolved for you? What happened? Thanks!

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2020 8:55 AM in response to ShilohDB

I'm having the same exact issue. Just received 2 replacement AirPod Pros. Serial number shows as "?" on the iPhone. Have been trying for over 24 hours to get them to update from 2D27 to 3A283 with no luck. Have tried everything I can find. Did this issue ever get resolved for you? What happened? Thanks!

Oct 6, 2020 10:08 AM in response to ShilohDB

Thanks! Ironically, mine JUST updated. Literally 5 minutes ago. My case was closed with the AirPod Pros inside. What finally worked for me was connecting them to my iPad (iOS 14.0.1) and leaving them nearby (in the case and charging). All of my failed attempts had been with them connected to the phone. If anyone is having this issue and you have more than one iOS device, try connecting them to something other than the phone.

Thanks again ShilohDB for taking the time to reply!

Update replacement Airpod Pro firmware!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.