Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID password bug?

When I’m trying to update apps, it keeps asking to sign in with my Apple ID password. I type it in the first time and it downloads half of the apps needed to be updated. After that, it asks me again, so I type the same thing again, but it comes out wrong. I thought I might of typed it in wrong but it keeps saying “verification failed, your Apple ID or password is incorrect” . I then reset my password but even after I COPY and PASTE the new and old password many times into the text box it still comes out wrong. I also tried rebooting my iPad, signing out of iTunes and signing back in (also the iTunes sign in is successful so that makes no sense), and refreshing the app, but nothing worked. If anyone can help me with this I would be very thankful. (Somehow, I don’t have this bug on my IPhone and I use the same Apple ID).

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 12:49 PM

Try signing out of the App Store/iTunes, restart, and then sign back in. Check the updates to see if the apps requiring an update are in your Purchases History. If they aren't in your Purchases History, you can delete the app, and download it using your Apple ID if desired. If the apps are in your Purchases History, contact iTunes Support.

Purchase History Review

See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide 

Apple Support schedule phone call       

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2020 12:49 PM in response to aangel1432

Try signing out of the App Store/iTunes, restart, and then sign back in. Check the updates to see if the apps requiring an update are in your Purchases History. If they aren't in your Purchases History, you can delete the app, and download it using your Apple ID if desired. If the apps are in your Purchases History, contact iTunes Support.

Purchase History Review

See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.   

iTunes Support – world wide 

Apple Support schedule phone call       

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

Apple ID password bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.