Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 Calendar Today View Change

The calendar app has changed to a scrolling today view that prioritizes events over time by taking away the time grid. This takes away the ability to see when I’m most available (at what times do I have nothing scheduled) as well as the ability to better visualize overlapping events (such as nanny coverage).

Does anyone know how to change this? I could not find a way in settings.

If not, one possible fix would be to allow the ‘day view’ which retains the time grid to scroll infinitely. Currently I can only scroll the single day and have to manually tap on a new day each time I reach midnight. I can’t see now an infinite scroll would be anything but beneficial in this view and would allow individuals to have two options for ‘today view’. This would allow two views: one that prioritizes event titles (the new view) and one that prioritizes time and allows the visualization of free time and overlap (the old view).

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 4:04 PM

6 replies

Sep 16, 2020 4:27 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

This opens the new view which is completely 'event centric'. This takes away the 'time grid' which allows you to see events as well as available time space (where there aren't any events scheduled). You can still see this view by tapping today without taping the 3 red lines, but in no longer has infinite scroll which really limits its usefulness. I was hoping to get back the view you used to get by tapping those 3 lines where you have an infinite scroll of events on a time grid.

Sep 16, 2020 4:54 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I'm imagining things, you're absolutely right. What I'm missing/used to is that in the event view (your top view) the times were on the left a little more approximated to the event name. Thanks for clarifying (had to look back at my old iPhone running iOS 12 to confirm I'm just imagining things). That being said, would love to see a view like your 2nd image, but with infinite scrolling to better find "time off" when someone asks "when are you free".

iOS 14 Calendar Today View Change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.