Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted all of the Health App data, however is still showing as using 20.44GB

i noticed the Health App on my iPhone was using 20.66GB of 64GB memory so deleted all of the health data, however is still showing as using 20.44GB data storage.

I have a feeling the ios14 update could be causing this. Has anyone else had similar issues with data storage following the update.

Any ideas?

ideas?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 7:04 AM

Apple’s recommendation worked for me. I had 1.6TB health data, no longer recording route data from my Apple Watch walks and cycles. My first attempt was to unpair and then repair my watch was not successful. My second attempt was successful. 1. Unpair Apple Watch (2nd gen) 2. iCloud backup (I have 2 TB option but backup no where big as 1.6TB or it would have failed), 3. Reset my iPhone X (side effects - had to add credit cards back to wallet after restore), 4. Restored iPhone X from iCloud backup ( storage report was back to expected value - all good) 5. Repaired Apple Watch. 6. Went for a workout walk and noted that activity app on iPhone X recorded the entire walk route. Big success! I needed an evening to get this done.

apple link

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211865

94 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2020 7:04 AM in response to JustinPhantom

Apple’s recommendation worked for me. I had 1.6TB health data, no longer recording route data from my Apple Watch walks and cycles. My first attempt was to unpair and then repair my watch was not successful. My second attempt was successful. 1. Unpair Apple Watch (2nd gen) 2. iCloud backup (I have 2 TB option but backup no where big as 1.6TB or it would have failed), 3. Reset my iPhone X (side effects - had to add credit cards back to wallet after restore), 4. Restored iPhone X from iCloud backup ( storage report was back to expected value - all good) 5. Repaired Apple Watch. 6. Went for a workout walk and noted that activity app on iPhone X recorded the entire walk route. Big success! I needed an evening to get this done.

apple link

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211865

Sep 25, 2020 12:01 AM in response to Rpacks

I thought I was going to win with 31TB, but I was too late :).

If I add up the space below the Health app the phone is full with the other apps. So it would seem this is not the issue and we would not have noticed had the phone not really been full. It is still very odd. Actually I was pleased it said PB as it had to be wrong and was not the issue. If it had said 20GB as the first post said I would have looked more at the Health app. 14.0.1 didn’t fix it.

Sep 27, 2020 6:25 PM in response to Rpacks

My health app is at 61.62 PB lmao, 61 million Gb of data, even the tech that I spoke with on the phone had never seen it before after he connected to my phone to view it himself. No clue how to back it up without restoring the phone to new :/ even after deleting the app and deleting all data from the health app, its still there. I'm going to wait it out and hope next update its fixed.

Sep 28, 2020 6:32 PM in response to Rpacks

It’s taking up ALL my storage - I’ve never had an app take up this much storage and it’s draining my battery - i went from 95% to it completely dead in less than 2 hours - this is a new phone - *** Apple.

Ironic that Apple suggests i delete media from my text message but won’t bother to fix this massive issue with their software update.

Oct 10, 2020 6:19 PM in response to Pinseeker0

My health app is also reporting PBs of data. After I installed iOS 14 my phone was really heating up and I discovered from the analytic logs that it was caused by the health app consuming 99% of CPU for long periods of time. Then I tried to backup my iPhone to my MacBook Pro with almost 1 TB free space and it kept failing due to lack of storage space that's when I discovered the health app reporting 23.17 PB of storage spaced used on a 256GB iPhone.

Oct 18, 2020 3:41 AM in response to ryankeane11

After the latest (IOS 14.0.1) update - I have at least two issues; 1) earlier my total calorie burn per day was in the region of 2,900 to 3,200 per day. Since the update however my total calorie burn is about half of my usual daily burn rate - down to about 1,400. This is despite not having made any significant changes to my lifestyle. 2) the Health App is showing storage usage of 1.61TB, on my 64GB XR iPhone!!

Sep 20, 2020 10:32 PM in response to 26HC

I tried if I can backup my Iphone...will not work. Not enough space available in my laptop.

This could be a major issue and I am not sure how can Apple provide a way to update my OS as there are no more space available on my mobile.

There were no issues yesterday actually and was still able to install a new app. The only difference I observed was when I wore my apple watch, it did not work and accessing the apple watch settings in my Iphone, also hanged. So I tried to power off-on both my watch and phone, and when it turned on, I noticed a new Apple Watch OS update. When I tried to update my Apple Watch OS, it did not allow me as I have no more space available. That's when I investigated my app storage and it was already full.

I am now thinking to restore to my previous and old back-up. Unfortunately, I was not able to backup prior updating to 14.

Sep 30, 2020 3:50 PM in response to Rpacks

I have never used the Health app and have always kept data deleted, so I immediately noticed my storage dramatically increased when I updated to iOS 14. My health app has 6.97 PB and I am unable to download iOS 14.1 for bug fixes and I cannot backup my phone either, so I am at a crossroads with what I can do here. Anyone have any luck so far with fixing this issue? I was really hoping apple would’ve given the option to delete the few apps that have always come with the iPhone as I’ve never used them.

Deleted all of the Health App data, however is still showing as using 20.44GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.