Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off auto correction for Scribble

Hi,

I think scribble is a great feature, but unfortunately its unusable for me. It can even get my name or my boyfriends name correctly. It always autocorrects it. How can I turn off the auto correction? In the settings > keyboard it's off, but I find no such setting for Scribble.

Thanks

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 11:35 PM

Oh my god!!! I know right... this is soooooo annoying, I can't type in bahasa Malaysia as it keep on correcting my words. Really hope that they can disable this auto correct function.

Similar questions

10 replies

Dec 30, 2020 10:48 AM in response to Wizie

I’m having this exact problem. I use my ipad to take notes and i was super excited for the Scribble feature, since using the keyboard on the ipad is a bit inconvenient when you’re also drawing with the apple pencil. However, much of my note-taking involves abbreviations, not very commonly used science jargon, and just convenient short hand for myself, so it’s been impossible to use scribble. Please just allow us to turn off the autocorrect feature for this. Simple letter recognition should be enough for my handwriting - I’m willing to accept the need for better handwriting in exchange for freedom during note-taking.

Turn off auto correction for Scribble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.