Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ringer and Alerts Volume Issue - iOS 14

Since upgrading to iOS 14, the Ringer and Alerts volume is randomly turning all the way down and sometimes back up by itself. I use my phone as my alarm so it bugs me if my alarm is super quiet and I oversleep. Anyone else experiencing this? Any fixes?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 19, 2020 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 6:27 AM

Literally same I’ve had this issue for a day now I’m so sad :( literally it keeps going down but when I get out of the settings app and go back it appears again. I think it’s just a glitch and hopefully iOS 14.1 fixes it all. Sorry I couldn’t help much :(

Similar questions

95 replies

Oct 5, 2020 4:51 PM in response to cryingoutloud

DEFINITELY!! PLS USE THIS LINK TO SUBMIT/“report” problems/feedbacks and the more people submit this, the more likely that Apple will fix this problem!!! Here is the link,

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

p.s.( I’ve submitted already! :) I’m really hoping apple fixes this on iOS 14.0.2 because it is bothering me and many others!! I feel the pain :( but pls submit this feedback!

Nov 21, 2020 3:44 AM in response to aemaddox85

I'm married and get up a lot earlier than my wife. Today my alarm wet off at 5am at maximum. I snoozed and went to the sound and haptics page. The slider was at MAXIMUM VOLUME. I reduced it to one notch above the lowest setting (took screenshot)

9 minutes later the alarm wet off at MAXIMUM VOLUME again. The sound and haptics page  alert volume slider was still at the level I set. 

Screenshot is both before and after the snooze went off...

I'm considering getting a new phone. With stuff like this I am really considering a droid. 

Dec 12, 2020 9:52 AM in response to aemaddox85

I had the same problem described in this thread: my phone randomly changed the volume of alerts and haptic feedback, seemingly without rhyme or reason. It was extremely frustrating, so I did some “Googling” and found the solution here: https://www.ikream.com/iphone-11-with-no-sound-audio-functions-not-working-37167.

The solution is to turn off the “Attention Aware Features” setting under “Face ID & Passcode.” When this setting is enabled, the True Depth camera continuously gauges whether or not the user is paying attention to the phone and adjusts the display and alert settings accordingly. Turning this setting off immediately solved the issue for me.

SOLUTION: Settings ➡️ Face ID & Passcode ➡️ Toggle off “Attention Aware Features”

Oct 7, 2020 11:01 AM in response to Moosycow

I have been trying something of late which helps (me, anyway). I divorce the volume buttons from alert volumes and also disable the alarm from decreasing if I'm staring at the screen. I move the alert volume slider to where I want it. Then, I put Settings into the Background. Do not fully close the application. In 2-3 days of leaving it in the background, it has not moved the volume on its own.

Oct 17, 2020 8:06 PM in response to suzy05

im Having the same problem. Keep missing calls and texts because the ringer volume drops to zero. I believe I found the problem and am testing now. I suspected it was the health sleep mode because it also enables DND. Under do not disturb there is an option for silence always or only when locked. Even when DND was off I’d often find the ringer level reset to zero. When I switched back to silence always it seems to keep the volume levels.

Oct 18, 2020 8:01 AM in response to Addled_mind

hello Addled_mind,

It is not the Do not Disturb mode's issue. It is however the iOS 14.0.1 and the bugs of the software. A few days ago Apple just announced the all- new iPhone 12, 12mini, 12pro and 12 pro max. I am waiting to preorder the 12 pro max on nov.6th, and in just a few days or a week, apple will soon be announcing iOS 14.1 which will help solve bugs and issues. Don't worry! just remember to not turn on the change with buttons on settings>sounds and haptics. Hope the iOS 14.1 will solve this issue! I will be letting you guys know once iOS 14.1 and if the bug is solved or not. Hopefully it is!

Oct 18, 2020 8:18 AM in response to Moosycow

Hi moosycow, I don't believe anyone is saying apple will never fix the issue 😁 we're all just trying to find a work around, just as you've put forth. However your solution to not change ringer and alert volume by buttons has no effect as I've never enabled that option. So far I've disabled sleep schedule and the do not disturb - silence when phone is locked to always silent and so far the ringer volume has not been reset to zero. I've now re-enable the sleep schedule while keeping always silence enabled. Will report back if the ringer/alerts volume drops again.

Cheers!

Oct 21, 2020 8:57 AM in response to Moosycow

You see I have to worry about it. As someone who has memory issues I schedule events in my calendar. Things like remember to take your medicine and remember your doctors appointment alerts Are a lifesaver to me. When the sound of these alerts goes away bad things can happen. As an earlier poster said not hearing an alarm to get out of bed I’m missing part of your work and career is also a bad thing. Apple needs to address this as soon as possible

Ringer and Alerts Volume Issue - iOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.