Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove image zooming when using photos in imove

I plan one using photos in iMovie to create a slide show. I don't need the zooming of each picture during the play. Can I delete this transition mode?

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 9:24 AM

Hi, jmkubler,

Yes, you can turn off the zoom by selecting a clip, or range of clips, and then clicking on the Crop icon (the one that looks like intersecting angles) in the tool bar in the upper left of your screen. A selection box will appear. You want to turn off the Ken Burns option by clicking on the Fit option. That will turn off the zoom.

For future projects, you can set the iMovie preferences to select Fit by default for all clips imported into the project. Click on iMovie/Preferences and select Fit in the Photo Placement box:

The setting won't apply to your current project, but will apply to projects created in the future.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2020 9:24 AM in response to jmkubler

Hi, jmkubler,

Yes, you can turn off the zoom by selecting a clip, or range of clips, and then clicking on the Crop icon (the one that looks like intersecting angles) in the tool bar in the upper left of your screen. A selection box will appear. You want to turn off the Ken Burns option by clicking on the Fit option. That will turn off the zoom.

For future projects, you can set the iMovie preferences to select Fit by default for all clips imported into the project. Click on iMovie/Preferences and select Fit in the Photo Placement box:

The setting won't apply to your current project, but will apply to projects created in the future.

-- Rich

remove image zooming when using photos in imove

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.