Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Map data missing from workout after upgrade to iOS14 and watchOS14

After upgrading my iPhone to iOS 14 and watch to watch OS 14 the map data is gone for past and new workoputs. Location Services On>Apple Watch Workout>While using App set. Maps that appeared on old workouts are also now blank.

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 1:10 AM

I have the exact same problem - even the route of my previous workouts display only the starting location. It seems to be a bigger SW problem, since other users are reporting this as well...

I‘ve tried unpairing / re-pairing, resetting / restoring (AW + iPhone) and setting up as new ( AW + iPhone) - nothing seems to work.

I guess we need to wait until Apple fixes this issue with a future SW update.

In the meantime we need to address this issue in a single community thread - this one has the most replies so far (please follow up there):

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251806066

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2020 1:10 AM in response to JohnCMH

I have the exact same problem - even the route of my previous workouts display only the starting location. It seems to be a bigger SW problem, since other users are reporting this as well...

I‘ve tried unpairing / re-pairing, resetting / restoring (AW + iPhone) and setting up as new ( AW + iPhone) - nothing seems to work.

I guess we need to wait until Apple fixes this issue with a future SW update.

In the meantime we need to address this issue in a single community thread - this one has the most replies so far (please follow up there):

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251806066

Sep 20, 2020 1:26 PM in response to JohnCMH

No you shouldn’t lose anything, it will let you restore the watch backup from your phone. You will need to re-authorise your cards used for Apple Pay by entering the card security but everything else should be as you originally had it. It’s not a quick process so make sure your watch is charged and you have a couple of hours available.

Map data missing from workout after upgrade to iOS14 and watchOS14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.