Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Problems

Hey so I have had a this MacBook Pro 2017 since 2018 after my Air stopped working after 3 years. So there have been 3 problems overall and two on going. The first one was that the sound would randomly be dampened so I would have to reset it. This happened quite a bit but now has since stopped. The second problem is that my screen is broken. It still turns on and everything but the whites are really really white to the point where its like too bright. Like over exposed and its really upsetting me because its ruining my experience watching YouTube videos and Netflix. I have restored my computer and rest things and its still not working properly. I hope its not an internal problem. The final problem that I am having is that when I plug in an HDMI to my dongle the computer screen goes black which is fine but then my monitor doesn't turn on... SO I have to restart my computer each time and its annoying. It may be my dongle but if there are any people that can help me with the last two problems that would be great. Thanks.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 7:39 AM

1: Check System Preferences > Accessibility > Displays, is Display contrast set to something other than Normal?

2: Most likely the dongle, but see Use external monitors with your Mac - Apple Support.

Similar questions

1 reply

MacBook Pro Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.