Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook preview not showing on iPhone lock screen

Hello,

I have a user that her Outlook emails previews are not showing on lock screen - only gets the message - click here to see your email. This just started happened, after we upgrade to IOS 14 that is the reason, why I am sending this email, in case you guys can help.

Many thanks,

Daniel (IT)

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 2:18 PM

After speaking with 3 people from Apple and having to give them the same information over and over and over I found the answer for Outlook

How I fixed it was

Go to the Outlook app on the phone open the settings in the app go to notifications an make sure there is a check mark next to Focused and Other Inboxes besides the email account (if you have more then one account and want to get notifications for each put a check mark next to each account you want notifications for)

48 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2020 2:18 PM in response to dmend_

After speaking with 3 people from Apple and having to give them the same information over and over and over I found the answer for Outlook

How I fixed it was

Go to the Outlook app on the phone open the settings in the app go to notifications an make sure there is a check mark next to Focused and Other Inboxes besides the email account (if you have more then one account and want to get notifications for each put a check mark next to each account you want notifications for)

Oct 19, 2020 7:34 PM in response to dmend_

1. Corporate owned, enrolled in Intune are experiencing the issue.
  2. Personal owned, not enrolled are NOT experiencing the issue.

Workaround for this:

1. Remove/Delete Company portal
  2. Delete Outlook (if not already uninstalled)
  3. Open the App Store
  4. Download Outlook
  5. Open the App Store
  6. Download Company Portal
  7. Re register your device to company portal
  8. Launch outlook and ensure your email is set up again.

And done

I've read that this is fixed in 14.2 Beta 2, but with my work phone i'm not able to use beta's.

Note this will undo after you update Outlook.

Sep 23, 2020 7:01 AM in response to MohamedKastero

I managed to get the notifications to work.

Removed my wallpaper and set a default image from the iphone

Removed Outlook and reinstalled from AppStore (even though we have our corporate Apps @ Work)

Connected my O365 account

Accepted all notifications

DId not work immediately

Wait 15 min and tested.

Everything is working now I get the notifications with previews.

Sep 23, 2020 8:39 AM in response to dmend_

Hi.

Unfortunately it doesn't do the trick for me.

I included two screenshots: first one (at 11:23) I did following:

Settings -> Notifications -> Outlook -> Show Previews -> Never

The second one (at 11:28) I did the following:

Settings -> Notifications -> Outlook -> Show Previews -> Always (Default)

Sep 26, 2020 9:58 PM in response to dmend_

Workaround for this:

1. Remove/Delete Company portal
  3. Open the App Store
  4. Download Outlook
  5. Open the App Store

And done

The fix for me was to not let company portal auto install outlook and instead install it first before setting up company portal!

Sep 22, 2020 11:05 AM in response to Mountain_Biker

Mountain_Biker wrote:

The preview works on my personal account but not on my work account.....

In that case, I'd suggest you contact your work IT. It has certainly happened before that when either Apple or Microsoft updates something, the two have trouble playing together for a while. There may be a security setting that needs to be tweaked in the corporate account.

Sep 24, 2020 2:58 AM in response to Russ_

Same issue on my iPhone 7 enrolled with intune app: no previews, but clicking on the popup message, it's possible to read the mail (in the app...). Worse situation with apple Watch where there is no way to read the mail text at all (it says "message with no content").

Looking forward to hearing a solution. It's very annoying, and honestly I cannot understand if it's a bug on Microsoft or Apple side...

Sep 24, 2020 6:45 AM in response to dmend_

IT emailed this email:

How can we uninstall IOS-14 safely?

To All Customers using Apple iOS devices/ iPhones:

Customers should NOT update to the latest Apple iOS-14 version until further notice. Performing this iOS update on your iPhone will prevent you from seeing the Outlook email previews on your locked home screen. The update should be compatible with the environment next month.

You should not be prompted to update, but if you are, please decline. This applies to all users.

Sep 30, 2020 11:23 PM in response to IbrahimApple1

IbrahimApple1 wrote:

1. Workaround for this:
Remove/Delete Company portal
3. Open the App Store
4. Download Outlook
5. Open the App Store
And done
The fix for me was to not let company portal auto install outlook and instead install it first before setting up company portal!

This workaround finally worked for me! Highly recommended

Oct 4, 2020 9:09 AM in response to dmend_

I’m having all the same issues. Just upgraded my phone to iPhone 11. Tried all the recommendations from other users but work email still not showing previews whether screen is locked or unlocked. Hopefully Apple will release a bug fix soon. Otherwise, the workaround another user suggested with holding down the notification on the Lock Screen to view the email works for me and will use begrudgingly until the issue resolved.

Oct 27, 2020 12:24 PM in response to dmend_

It's not a fun fix but I deleted the app from my phone, restarted my phone and then reinstalled it from the App Store. That seemed to fix it but I'm guessing the conversion to iOS 14 probably bricked something in that notification connection between the app and the software. As soon as I reinstalled it, the system prompted to show notifications and my testing shows the email preview again. Hopefully this helps.

Nov 5, 2020 6:14 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I deleted Outlook, reinstalled, changed the setting within Outlook AND settings on the iPhone, and then re-booted. It finally worked and showed the preview on the lock screen after all of this. Someone suggested resetting the wallpaper, and I did not have to do this. I think the [[ uninstall/reinstall/fix settings/reboot ]] was the trick. Thank you!

Outlook preview not showing on iPhone lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.