Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 11 FaceTime voice skips

I have 2 iPhone 11 devices and while I am on FaceTime, everyone says my voice skips and they can only hear bits and pieces of what I am saying.

it happens all the time to quite a few people I know that have the phone

i have checked all 3 microphones and they all work, nothing is muted, phone has been updated and restarted

can anyone help.

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 2:28 PM

Hey there AAriondo,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re having issues with the audio during FaceTime calls on two separate iPhones. We’ll be happy to help.

If this is happening on two different devices, does it happen in multiple locations or across different networks? Have you tried using headphones during a FaceTime call to see if that helps?

Open the Voice Memo app and record your voice then play it back. Does it play clearly? Test that out and go through the rest of the steps in this article and see if they have any impact on this:

If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working

We hope this helps.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2020 2:28 PM in response to AAriondo

Hey there AAriondo,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re having issues with the audio during FaceTime calls on two separate iPhones. We’ll be happy to help.

If this is happening on two different devices, does it happen in multiple locations or across different networks? Have you tried using headphones during a FaceTime call to see if that helps?

Open the Voice Memo app and record your voice then play it back. Does it play clearly? Test that out and go through the rest of the steps in this article and see if they have any impact on this:

If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Oct 14, 2020 5:18 PM in response to AAriondo

I have faced this problem for months. My wife has a iphone 11 pro. I have an iphone 10. When we communicate on Facetime her voice and video are choppy. I hear every second or third word. I thought the phone was defective. I then tested it with friends who have various iphones (not iphone 11). No issues at all with Facetime. I then tested it with another iphone 11 pro. Same choppy conversation.

The problem appears to be with some sort of feedback through the non iphone 11 phone. I discovered this by testing it with my bluetooth headset. The problem stopped immediately. I then tested this by muting my phone (iphone 10). The problem again disappeared. As soon as i turned off the mute the problem started again.

Her iphone was reset to factory settings, the TMobile SIM card was changed, calls to Apple Support, etc. did not resolve anything.

Try muting the non iphone 11 phone. (The one receiving the choppy audio).

i put in another call to Apple Support and will contact them again when I have her phone available for testing.

PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS.

IPhone 11 FaceTime voice skips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.