Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microsoft outlook app - not showing notification PREVIEW on lock or unlock screen

I recently upgraded to iOS 14 on my iphone 11, and since I've done that, the Microsoft Outlook app no longer shows email previews for notifications on lock or unlocked screen. It just says "open outlook to view this message." This is super annoying as I cannot see who it is from or the subject/first line or two of the email to decide if I need to go to the app to read it in full.

I've double-checked all the settings for notifications and previews, and I'm still not getting it to show. Any ideas? Thank you.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 6:00 AM

This is also happening for me. I tried deleting, reinstalling the app. And different settings for the notifications, still nothing is working. This is disrupting my work. Please advise asap. I've seen this on many other forms as well.

I am on the most recent update.

66 replies

Nov 10, 2020 10:09 AM in response to GS999

A few things to try...

Try changing Notification Banner Style to PERSISTENT. Go to Settings -> Notifications -> Outlook -> Banner Style -> PERSISTENT

If that doesn't work, check these settings...

Open the OUTLOOK app on your iPhone.

At the top, select Inbox. This should open your mailbox folders.

At the bottom left, select the gear icon (settings).

Make sure your mail, contacts, and calendar settings are correct.

You could try uninstalling and re-installing the app.

Have you tried restarting your iPhone?

Hope this helps...

Nov 14, 2020 5:54 AM in response to khc5

I now have the same problem with my iPhone and IOS 14.2, I don’t recall whether it failed after the IOS update or with an Outlook app update. Since the Outlook updates happen transparently it’s hard to tell. I’ve also tried all the suggestions posted previously with no joy.

FYI, notifications continue to work fine on my iPad also with IOS 14.2.

Please get this resolved ASAP.

Nov 18, 2020 5:05 AM in response to khc5

I had this same problem on my iPad which is now at iOS 14.2. Actually opening the Outlook App, going to Settings, then Notifications actually gave me a popup window that asked if I wanted to allow Notifications from Outlook. I responded Yes, and now the Outlook app appears in my list of Notification apps under iOS settings (and it appears to be giving me notifications as expected).

Nov 24, 2020 1:27 PM in response to LD150

Should work.

Should but does not for a lot of people. Reinstalling with restarts before and after do not make it work. On reinstalling

, pop up boxes ask if you would like to turn on notifications. Saying yes turns them on in settings but still no notifications (background refresh is turned on).

After sone years of working normally it is frustrating and lots of people appear to have this problem.

Nov 24, 2020 2:31 PM in response to Prolecata

Only those with the problem can solve it by trying everything in the toolbox.

My phone and my wife’s phone both work fine with Outlook app and Outlook.com accounts so I will just keep a watch on this thread to see if anyone solves it.

Of course only inbox will sound a notification, if you have mails redirected to subfolders by rules it will not ping.

There is also a support team mentioned here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_imobile-mso_o365b/no-notifications-for-outlook-on-ios/505cbba7-19b8-499d-a3b8-84f02c2fbc17

microsoft outlook app - not showing notification PREVIEW on lock or unlock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.