Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 9.7 Charging Port

Hello, I am here to seek for help. My iPad Pro 9.7 didn't charge so i went to local repair shop. They told me that i have to change my charing port and restore the software (it means everything in my iPad will definitely lose) due to it connects to the board (i don't even know what the board is).

Is it true? I don't want to lost my document in that iPad. Please someone give me some idea about this issue.

Thanks!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 23, 2020 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 6:21 AM

Yes. If your iPad is repaired, it will likely be reset - losing any locally stored data that has not been backed-up elsewhere.

Ensure that you have either an iCloud or iTunes backup of your device before it is reset during repair:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

After repair, you can restore your data to the iPad:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2020 6:21 AM in response to Hong1208

Yes. If your iPad is repaired, it will likely be reset - losing any locally stored data that has not been backed-up elsewhere.

Ensure that you have either an iCloud or iTunes backup of your device before it is reset during repair:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

After repair, you can restore your data to the iPad:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

iPad Pro 9.7 Charging Port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.