Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes crashes when syncing on my new w10 computer.

I try to sync my iPad Pro 10.5 and it starts to backup and then crashes. I set up a new computer. Thought I setup iTunes according instructions. It did sync ok the first time okay.

I did delete iTunes and set up a second time before the first sync. Any suggestions?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 1:03 PM

Solved. Problem narrowed to my iPad Pro 10.5 and after a fantastic help session with Apple Support, it appears that the problem is/was the powered USB port on my Monitor...which is connected to my PC via a cable. Odd that using it with my iPhone SE g2 is not an issue nor my wife's iPhone or iPad Air Gen5...just my iPad Pro... only a problem with the new PC...same setup was used prior to the switch..

Motto: check cables and ports if this happens to you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2020 1:03 PM in response to cyril55

Solved. Problem narrowed to my iPad Pro 10.5 and after a fantastic help session with Apple Support, it appears that the problem is/was the powered USB port on my Monitor...which is connected to my PC via a cable. Odd that using it with my iPhone SE g2 is not an issue nor my wife's iPhone or iPad Air Gen5...just my iPad Pro... only a problem with the new PC...same setup was used prior to the switch..

Motto: check cables and ports if this happens to you.

iTunes crashes when syncing on my new w10 computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.