Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad ios 14 mail doesnt work

I just updated my iPad to iOS 14. When I click on the mail icon to open, it flashes then shuts down. I have no access to mail via that shortcut. I have shutdown and restarted. Any suggestions?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 7:29 PM

Hello mustlvdogs,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. It's our understanding that the Mail app unexpectedly closes, when you attempt to open the app. We'll be happy to help.

To help troubleshoot this behavior, we recommend to follow steps one through four in this helpful article: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Please let us know if that helps.

Best regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2020 7:29 PM in response to mustlvdogs

Hello mustlvdogs,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. It's our understanding that the Mail app unexpectedly closes, when you attempt to open the app. We'll be happy to help.

To help troubleshoot this behavior, we recommend to follow steps one through four in this helpful article: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Please let us know if that helps.

Best regards.

Oct 2, 2020 8:53 AM in response to sterling r

i had tried all of the above and nothing worked. However after multiple efforts and removing the mail app and reloading and restarting multiple times, my mail started working again.

thank you for the support, evidently sometimes these glitches happen. I’ve just noticed more of them recently than ever before in the 40 years of using Apple products. I hope that will change but with more complexity come more issues, so there is that.

ipad ios 14 mail doesnt work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.