Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lyrics Apple Music iOS 14 not showing

Ever since I updated my iPhone to iOS 14 I can’t see lyrics anymore on Apple Music. Just before the update I could see the lyrics on the same songs, but ever since the update it stopped. What’s the problem? Is there a solution for this?

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 9:47 PM

It 100% solved the problem for me. With Increase Contrast on I saw lyrics in dark mode but NOT in light mode. With Increase Contrast off, I see lyrics in both modes.

This is a bug on Apple's side, there is no "solution" to this problem other than Apple fixing the bug. For some people (such as myself), turning Increase resolution OFF fixes the issue. For others (such as you, apparently) it does not fix the issue. And for many others this isn't an issue at all, lyrics show up regardless of the setting for Increase Contrast or the setting for light/dark mode.

This is an Apple problem, not a settings problem

184 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2020 9:47 PM in response to dmsdws

It 100% solved the problem for me. With Increase Contrast on I saw lyrics in dark mode but NOT in light mode. With Increase Contrast off, I see lyrics in both modes.

This is a bug on Apple's side, there is no "solution" to this problem other than Apple fixing the bug. For some people (such as myself), turning Increase resolution OFF fixes the issue. For others (such as you, apparently) it does not fix the issue. And for many others this isn't an issue at all, lyrics show up regardless of the setting for Increase Contrast or the setting for light/dark mode.

This is an Apple problem, not a settings problem

Nov 13, 2020 10:29 PM in response to Micah D.

Yes. You can actually submit a feedback in Apple Music’s page. Link: https://www.apple.com/feedback/apple-music.html

would suggest everyone to take a minute to report this issue if it’s important for you. I even talked to customer support regarding this and they acknowledged the issue- but for some reason there is no promise that it’d get fixed. All they said was to wait- it’s not good service when I’m paying a premium for Apple Music unlike free services like iMessage. I feel they should have taken my complaint seriously and given a promise instead of asking me to wait until the music team updates. Pathetic

Dec 5, 2020 7:18 AM in response to dmsdws

To everyone searching for a solution: I was one of the first people to raise this issue so trust me, I’m not crazy.

1. Open iBooks
  2. Download the book Oscar Wilde. Yes the book we all loved in our childhood.
  3. Scroll through pages 20-25.

this should solve this bug. Again I’m not crazy but it did work for me. Let me know if it works for you as well. If it did I wouldn’t mark this bug as solved as the solution seems absolutely stupid. We need to close this issue only when Apple fixes it in their OS

Nov 27, 2020 4:40 AM in response to dmsdws

Hey guys,

im just as frustrated as you if not more but

One thing that I ask is PLEASE NO ONE MARK “Problem Solved”!!!! The problem IS NOT SOLVED. Right now there is a glitch in Apple Music that the only way you can see the lyrics is by “Turning Increase Contrast OFF” (which btw I always turn on and have since it was an option years ago.) I’ll put a pic in of the difference. People are writing PROBLEM SOLVED BUT ITS NOT SOLVED. You have to turn another useful function of your iPhone off so lyrics come up on the Apple Music App. Very weird and I’m VERY SURPRISED that APPLE HAS NOT FIXED THIS YET!!!! I woke up with a 14.2.1 update and I was thinking 🤔 “ok this has to fix it because people have been complaining about it since iOS14 came out”. STILL NO FIX!!!! So if everyone could keep writing to Apple they are gonna fix it because that’s why I get Apple Music, it has the lyrics!!!

The 1st picture is what you have to turn off for lyrics to work. And I put a 2nd pic under to show u what your screens look like without increase contrast on!!!! APPLE NEEDS TO FIX THIS BAD. Needs to be their #1 priority.

Nov 27, 2020 4:48 AM in response to Micah D.

Very True BUT DONT MARK IT WITH “Solved” because it isn’t solved. I love and have always turned on increase contrast because in the menu the background is dark grey and everything is so much easier to see. They never had a problem before so I hope they fix this!!!!

See how much better it looks with the increase contrast “ON” above?!?!

Heres another Picture of what it looks like Now when you have to “TURN OFF” INCREASE CONTRAST:

I think it’s a big problem and I hope they fix it lol.

Nov 28, 2020 10:24 AM in response to dmsdws

No you don’t have to wait if it’s only explicit music, After 3 months, it’s finally fixed. If you can play explicit songs but only cant see the lyrics please try these steps

-Close music app in backround

-Open apple books app

-If u dont have download from AppStore

-Search for Oliver Twist book by Charles Dickens

-Open book , you dont need to download, just tap sample button and swipe 10-15 pages

-Then open music app and play explicit song and tap lyrics button , then booom , sounds silly but its like here’s proof it worked in another forum. magic

Oct 30, 2020 1:36 PM in response to tylan131

Ok, for me this is now fixed. I had turned on "Increase Contrast" in Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size > Increase Contrast

Turning Increase Contrast OFF immediately restored lyrics in Light mode.

Hopefully this fixes it for you too!

The tech support also had me check that I did not have content restrictions turned on in Screen Time > my Iphone, which I did not.

Nov 5, 2020 7:45 PM in response to dmsdws

All, Please check that your accessibility --> Display & Text Size --> Increase Contrast (Disable).

My iPhone SE 2016 iOS 14.2 should be disable the increase contrast function, the lyrics will resume to normal on Dark and Day Mode.

It may be a bug of some old iPhone, may be seek Apple to fix this bug on next OS version

Nov 12, 2020 8:46 AM in response to EisHelping

Dark mode works, if you can see lyrics in dark mode turn off "Increase Contrast" in Accessibility options and you should then also see lyrics in light mode.

Basically what's wrong here is that when "Increase Contrast" is OFF, the background for lyrics is dark (when phone is in light mode). But turning "Increase Contrast" ON sets the background for lyrics to white (when in light mode), but doesn't change the color of the lyrics themselves which are also... white. So they "disappear". Technically the lyrics are still there, they're just the exact same color as the background when "Increase Contrast" is turned on and your phone is also in light mode. When you switch your phone to dark mode, the background for the lyrics is dark and since they lyrics are white they are again visible.

Nov 12, 2020 12:20 PM in response to dmsdws

To me is also only on explicit songs, even though restricted content is off. To me is has nothing to do with contrast. There seems to be 2 different problems in the comments here. There are certain people who can’t see the lyrics on light mode and people that can’t see on both for a different reason. Someone mentioned before that it only works on dark mode because the lyrics are the same color as the background when contrast is on, but my problem and many others is that the lyrics won’t even load. They’ll go to the lyrics but they don’t load and immediately go back as if you closed them.

Lyrics Apple Music iOS 14 not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.