Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"unknown access" to file in Trash

I have a file in my trash folder I cannot delete. The error I am getting is the file is in use. When I look at the info for this file, it is marked as having "unknown access". The program that appears to use this file is SpamSieveAgentLaunch and I cannot stop the program. I have booted in safe mode and attempted to delete the file (again spamsieve is not running) but still get the same error "The operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found.

(Error code -43)"

Any suggestions?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 4:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 7:42 AM

I appreciate the response but this approach will not work. The file in question is in my trash folder, is marked with an unknown owner, and cannot be deleted. I am not at all sure how this file got to trash but it still needs to be deleted.

Sorry, marked as solved by accident and it it not solved. Resubmitted my response. Tried deleting this response but not able to.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2020 7:42 AM in response to den.thed

I appreciate the response but this approach will not work. The file in question is in my trash folder, is marked with an unknown owner, and cannot be deleted. I am not at all sure how this file got to trash but it still needs to be deleted.

Sorry, marked as solved by accident and it it not solved. Resubmitted my response. Tried deleting this response but not able to.

"unknown access" to file in Trash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.