Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix iPad Pro 2018 with Black screen and iTunes doesn

Hi, I'm going nuts here.

My iPad Pro (2018 model so no home button) is acting crazy. When I hit the power button or a key on the keyboard, I can see the screen gets power but stays black. I have followed the steps to hard reset, and the screen powers off and back on, but goes back to the black screen. So I decided to see if I could back it up and/or restore and/or reset out of iTunes, but when I connect it, iTunes doesn't show it in the device menu.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 10:16 AM

Have you tried a "forced" restart of your iPad?

• iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.

Regards

Giulio

4 replies

Oct 5, 2020 10:24 AM in response to UnkTob

Interesting! I have tried the forced reset at least a dozen times, and I just tried it again for probably the 3rd or 4th time while connected to my new PC with iTunes running, and my PC actually recognized the iPad and that it is in "recovery mode". iTunes is now downloading a 4.84gb update. Fingers crossed!!

How to fix iPad Pro 2018 with Black screen and iTunes doesn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.