Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 15 keeps ejecting dvd and data cd, everything but music cd, any help?

I have an old MacBook Pro 15" Core 2 Duo 2,2 with built-in superdrive. The harddrive was replaced, I am trying to install again Logic but the unit keeps ejecting the dvd (Logic). I tried other discs with no success with exception for music cd, which has no problem loading. I already modified the unit permissions. Does anybody knows how to fix it?

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 5:03 PM

The Superdrive may be dirty. You can try using a cleaning disc.

If CDs work, but DVDs do not work, then the drive is probably failing (DVDs & CDs use different laser frequencies and tend to lose strength as the drive ages). Use an external USB optical drive to read your CDs/DVDs.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2020 5:03 PM in response to mr_u

The Superdrive may be dirty. You can try using a cleaning disc.

If CDs work, but DVDs do not work, then the drive is probably failing (DVDs & CDs use different laser frequencies and tend to lose strength as the drive ages). Use an external USB optical drive to read your CDs/DVDs.

MacBook Pro 15 keeps ejecting dvd and data cd, everything but music cd, any help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.