Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad

Hi! I'm a big fan of Apple, but I don't think I should buy MacBook as my computer. It's expensive. I think iPad was a possible suggested. I'm a student, can I use iPad instead of a computer? I use it just to study. And I need Office 365. Thanks!

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 3:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 5:45 AM

Office365 for iOS is a highly cut-down single install App intended for iPhone. It does not replicate the functionality of the individual Microsoft Apps intended for iPad and iPhone - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.

For iPad devices with a screen larger the 10.1”, the MS App’s for iPad require an active Microsoft 365 Subscription; without an active subscription, functionality is limited to opening and reviewing existing documents.

As for considering an iPad instead of a computer - perhaps intending to have either one or other device, but not both - you need to consider this choice with considerable care. Whilst iPad is an excellent companion device, despite some creative marketing, iPad cannot yet provide the flexibility and functionality of a full laptop computer. You should also consider that some maintenance and recovery procedures (such as a system restore - or recovery from a lost or disabled device passcode) require access to a PC or Mac computer.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful in your decision making process.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2020 5:45 AM in response to DuyNguyenMinh

Office365 for iOS is a highly cut-down single install App intended for iPhone. It does not replicate the functionality of the individual Microsoft Apps intended for iPad and iPhone - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.

For iPad devices with a screen larger the 10.1”, the MS App’s for iPad require an active Microsoft 365 Subscription; without an active subscription, functionality is limited to opening and reviewing existing documents.

As for considering an iPad instead of a computer - perhaps intending to have either one or other device, but not both - you need to consider this choice with considerable care. Whilst iPad is an excellent companion device, despite some creative marketing, iPad cannot yet provide the flexibility and functionality of a full laptop computer. You should also consider that some maintenance and recovery procedures (such as a system restore - or recovery from a lost or disabled device passcode) require access to a PC or Mac computer.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful in your decision making process.

iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.