You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 not showing if I have alarm set

Before upgrading to iOS 14, I could see an alarm symbol on the top right corner next to the battery once I set an alarm. I set tons of alarms to get up, now I don’t even know if I turned them all off since I don’t have the alarm indicator. Is there a way to get that back?

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 2:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 3:45 AM

I bought the IPhone 11 Pro after having several other IPhone models and having that little alarm icon isn’t even an option. I wish they hadn’t removed it. I liked being able to just look and see that my alarm was set without doing anything. Now I have to unlock the screen, swipe down, select alarm, and see that I set it. But there’s nothing that confirms it. And if I wake up and want to make sure I have to go through all the steps and by then I’m wide awake. It was a dumb move on Apples part to remove it. Now we just have to “trust” that it’s set.

23 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 26, 2021 3:45 AM in response to clockquestions

I bought the IPhone 11 Pro after having several other IPhone models and having that little alarm icon isn’t even an option. I wish they hadn’t removed it. I liked being able to just look and see that my alarm was set without doing anything. Now I have to unlock the screen, swipe down, select alarm, and see that I set it. But there’s nothing that confirms it. And if I wake up and want to make sure I have to go through all the steps and by then I’m wide awake. It was a dumb move on Apples part to remove it. Now we just have to “trust” that it’s set.

Oct 21, 2020 9:23 PM in response to Demo

Unfortunately, this is not a solution. First of all, on my iPhone 8, with iOS 14, you have to swipe up from the bottom right for the control center. Then, I can see an icon for the “clock” app, but there is no alarm icon that shows that an alarm is actually set. And nothing had changed on Home Screen where the icon used to show up at the upper right, just next to the battery indicator. Why would apple remove such a simple indicator so one can see on the Home Screen that an alarm is set and active. This seems really stupid.

Oct 23, 2020 8:03 PM in response to FabioZapletal

I think I may have stumbled upon the answer. I was going through all my settings and realized the new “health” app now includes a whole bunch of “features” which collect and store data. One of the “features” is a “sleep” scheduler. That sleep scheduler is designed to force a bedtime and wake time on us. It actually can create a “wake” alarm. I found that by going into the settings for the health app, and deleting ALL the stored data, and turning off all the sleep/wake functions may have disabled something that was conflicting with the regular alarm settings. Why Apple would force this “feature” upon us is beyond me. But for now, all seems to be working the way it should. By the way, I have an IPhone 8 with iOS 14.1 installed. It really stinks that we consumers have to figure this stuff out on our own without any official guidance from the apple engineers who mess with us.

Oct 22, 2020 1:08 PM in response to Fal3

I discovered something weird since I posted this morning. Another user stated that when they restarted their phone, the alarm icon appeared on the Home Screen. Take a look at this discussion.

My alarm icon vanished!!

No matter what I do, I can’t get it to appear on my iPhone XR and I think it’s because the Xr has the speaker and microphone at the top and there is not space for the icon to appear. Here is a screenshot of the Xr and the iPhone 8 and you can see the design difference at the top of the screens.

If that’s not why I can’t see the icon, I have no idea what’s going on.

Oct 22, 2020 6:15 AM in response to Fal3

Since this is the way that Apple changed things, there is no solution anyway. Nothing is broken. Nothing needs to be solved. It’s a new way to see your alarms. Why Apple did it this way is beyond me. If you don’t like it, and you would like to see Apple change it, provide feedback.

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

I think it could have been done differently myself. It certainly makes it harder to see. This is what I see on my iPhone Xr.

Oct 22, 2020 11:12 AM in response to Demo

Thanks for your reply. I did send feedback. Strangely, I powered my phone off and restarted. Then the icon reappeared when I set an alarm, as it always has been. HOWEVER, now the icon is remaining even though I have no alarm set. I’ve deleted all the alarms, reset my Home Screen, and done another restart, yet the alarm set icon is still there. Ugh.

iOS 14 not showing if I have alarm set

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.