Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every couple of months my 2019 Word and Excel stop working on Catalina. I have reinstalled both the OS and the microsoft program multiple times. Any suggestions? The iMac is less than 1 year old.

Every couple of months my 2019 Word and Excel stop working on Catalina. I have reinstalled both the OS and the Microsoft program multiple times. Any suggestions? The iMac is less than 1 year old.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 2:28 PM

4 replies

Oct 16, 2020 5:04 PM in response to JHWildOne

That may be your problem. At best it is 100% useless, the best antivirus, cleaning, security and overall maintenance app for Mac OS is Mac OS itself. We see users everyday that are complaining about weird problems with their Mac and most can be traced back to apps like Bitdefender. These apps have the exact opposite effect users anticipate, they make Mac OS slow, unstable, get odd behaviors, and exhibit issues like you are experiencing.

Please locate the developers uninstall instructions and please uninstall Bitdefender. Then test and I suspect your issue will be resolved.

Every couple of months my 2019 Word and Excel stop working on Catalina. I have reinstalled both the OS and the microsoft program multiple times. Any suggestions? The iMac is less than 1 year old.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.